What is Farz?
Farz is a state-of-the-art Material Recovery Facility (MRF) launched by Imdaad in 2020 in line with Dubai’s Vision 2021 objective to recycle and reuse 75% of waste currently going to landfills.
Farz was built on a 45,322 M2 plot in National Industries Park in Dubai and has the capacity to handle 1,200 tonnes per day of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW). Farz is a fully automated system that requires minimal human intervention. Farz employs the latest technologies and has the most efficient recovery rate among other MRFs in the UAE.
What to expect on the tour?
The tour will help you understand the entire process of material recovery and the journey for each type of recyclable material. You will get a behind-the-scenes view of what happens to the segregated waste as soon as it leaves the recycling station in your community. You will also get to see some of the most fascinating and most advanced machines at work. You will gain an understanding of what is possible today to handle waste in an environment-friendly way and what the future may look like.
Who could benefit from this tour?
We believe anybody would find this tour beneficial and mind-opening, but we expect the tour to be particularly helpful for:
- All government departments in the UAE and from around the region, and especially the departments that are in charge of the environment and climate control.
- Businesses that are looking to get rid of their waste in a responsible and environment-friendly way.
- Recycling businesses that are looking to partner with Imdaad Group for processing the outputs of Farz MRF.
- K12 educational establishments who are keen to teach the new generations more about material recovery and how technology can help build a better future.
- Higher education and research facilities who are looking to gain a better understanding of the recycling ecosystem and the process of material recovery.
- Concerned citizens who want to understand how the waste collected from their communities is processed and where it ends up.
What is required to join the tour?
You will kindly need to fill out this request form. We will then review your request and get in touch with you to schedule and plan your visit.
Request A Tour
Kindly note the following:
- All requests are subject to approval. Tours are only available by appointment, and no walk-ins are allowed.
- All tour-goers must wear closed-toe shoes, tennis shoes or a shoe of similar sole thickness that covers the entire foot. Sandals, flip-flops, Croc-type clogs or open shoes are not allowed on the tour.
- Hard hats, safety vests, and eye protection will be provided
- Minimum age of tour participants must be at least 10 years old.
- Minimum group size is 6 people
- Maximum group size is 20 people
- Tour start times are between 8 am and 1 pm